Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Craftroom

My husband told me today he wants to make my craftroom nicer for me. Seriously, whatever he's smoking must be good. I have been wanting to snazz it up, but honestly, we have been busy with getting nursery's ready after having three kids back to back to back. Not that life has been getting that much easier for us, but I have been able to find some time for crafting again, and it would be nice to have a pretty area to do it in....

This is what you see upon stepping in the door: It actually looks ok, and organized. It's an illusion though. It's a mess.
Photobucket

The room was used as our "office" and we had our computer on a desk over in the corner. The computer is as old as dirt, and was never used, so this weekend I at least got rid of that.... The walls still hold our dipolomas and some awards... "who's who of college students 2002 what what!"
Photobucket

This table is what I mianly scrapbook on, craft, and cut my fabric on, and I sorta just pile up some fabric and supplies to the left....
Photobucket

On the other side I have my sewing machine that I set on top of an old table I used in my apartment when I went to grad school in Richmond.... Not exactly an ideal workspace, but I deal.... The falling apart book shelf to the right? God only knows how old that thing is.... I think my sister had it in her room when she was little, then I used it when growing up to hold my massive baby sitters club collection of books, then my sister took it back to have in her daughters room, then I for some reason wanted it back, and now it sits here in all of its glory.... I want another book shelf to replace this one.
Photobucket


So what does my husband have planned? He's going to make me a big table top desk. Specifically I want it to be apple green. I saw one in Pottery Barn in 2008, that I had dreams about, and now it's going to be his job to copy it. I also want a bookself, and then after that I am clueless. I also want the room painted....





Photobucket

No comments: