Sunday, April 18, 2010

I didn't burn the kitchen down yet...

Tonight was historic. I made and ate my first ever Sloppy Joe. Seriously. never have had one before. My husband thought I was crazy when I told him. I mean it's not like it's a huge item when you go out to eat. I mean really, who sits down at Outback or some other place and says, man I really want to eat a Sloppy Joe. Mainly, the reason I never have had one is though my mom is an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G cook, my dad is the world's most picky eater, so when growing up our meals were always centered around his food issues. She would get creative for family events at the house, and maybe once a year she would order a pizza for her and I to share. Ever wonder if there was someone in the world who doesn't like Italian, Mexican, or heck cheese? Yepp my dad has never even tried those things, but thinks they are all gross. Feel very very sorry for me as a child.

I have been on the Pioneer Woman Cooking bandwagon... her cookbook is the bomb, and gives nervous people like myself lots of confidence with the step by step pictures. The Sloppy Joes receipe is not in the cookbook, but it is on her website and you can find it here : http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/04/sloppy-joes/

I even buttered and grilled the buns. My husband is a proud man.

Photobucket

No comments: