Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Recycling .... sewing style....






I have mastered the elastic waist skirt.... I wanted to make pj pants, or just any freaking pant involving an elastic waist. I found this tutorial on how to make kid pants from an adult shirt: click here and I figured what the heck. I don't have many T-shirts that I am willing to shred, but I did have an old work shirt that I have not worn in a rather long time that I was about ready to donate to Goodwill. It wasn't really hard at all. It was quick project, and I am happy with the results. Though I do think it's cool to make them from a shirt, I have to admit, I am itching now to go spend some money on some cute flannel and make a ton of these for the kids for pj pants....





Speaking of kids- it's a good thing this was a quick project... My oldest came down with a cold when we were all out of town, and she got worse and needed to go to urgent care yesterday as she was having some issues catching her breath. I stayed home with her today and tried to make sure she got some rest. I attempted to keep the other kids away so she could rest up some, and had them go next door to my parents house. Wasn't even worth it, as when the others came back over in the afternoon they started throwing up, and having fevers themselves. Oh the joys of multiple kids... they just love sharing germs...

1 comment:

AverettLadyNana said...

Those pants are adorable on her!!!