Monday, March 8, 2010

Hi my name is Robyn and I am a litter bug...




I was having one of those mornings… my older two were having melt downs, because I wouldn’t let one wear a tutu, and the other wanted to wear a dirty shirt she wore all weekend. Those teen years are going to be torture… I was running behind to get to work, and didn’t have time to sit down and grab some breakfast, so I decided to treat myself to breakfast on the way to work by going through the drive through quick. After I placed my order for some sweet tea and a yummy biscuit from Chickfila, I was waiting in a long line I noticed I had a old diet coke can that needed to be thrown away…I also was right by one of those handy dandy trashcans near the drive through that you can practically touch which makes it easy to clean out your cars while waiting for your food… I consider myself a pretty coordinated person, but some how, some way, I totally missed the trash can and I heard my can hit the ground. Damit. I opened my driver door and tried to find the sucker but it must have rolled under the car. I quickly shut my door and looked all around me. I didn’t want to get out and lay on the ground to try to get the can because I had on nicer work clothes. I became instantly paranoid that the lady behind me was a tree hugging hippy that would come banging on my window to yell at me. I looked to my right and saw a police car in the parking lot, so now I was scared I would get hit with a ticket, and I started picturing myself on the side of the road picking up trash for community service. I tried to find it, and I didn’t mean to litter. I mean, come on folks, this isn’t McDonalds where it’s acceptable to leave a mess, this is high class Chickfila, in a nice part of town. Stupid diet coke can. I still refused to get out and get on the ground to look under the car, so I just crossed my fingers, that I could get a pass to be a litter bug. When I pulled up I looked in the mirror to see if for some chance the can had magically disappeared... no such luck. No one narked on me or condemned me though… I think I am going to give up drinking diet cokes though for a while, since not only are they bad for me, but they also made me feel really guilty today for littering…

Photobucket

No comments: