Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Must be blonder...

I am in process of trying to grow my hair out long again, and since I just need a trim here and there I refuse to spend major bucks going to a nice hair place. Let me tell you, it was strange going into a Super Cuts and having them ask me if they wanted me to blow dry once they were done with the trim. Meaning it's a little extra on your tab if they do that. Guess they can't have their power bill get all crazy. Recently I went to a privately owned salan near my house that doesn't have the jacked up prices like most places. I got a wash, cut, and blow dry and it was even cheaper the my Super Cuts experience, and I didn't feel like I was slumming it. I think I might be staying at the local place for trims.

My hair needs some highlights, and I am a little nervous about going somewhere new and not knowing if I will like it, and at the same time I don't want to pay $100 to have it done by someone I trust. I need to just suck it up and pay, but I am sure I will in a a few months once I get my hair the length I want it, but in the mean time I am going to put on a brave face and highlight it myself.

I did this a lot in college my freshman year and it went ok, so I am telling myself I wont die. Guess if I totally make my head a science project, I can always attempt to get someone to fix it. What I am not looking forward to again is those damn caps and having to pull out hair through the holes. I always feel like pin head when that happens, and I wish I could be super cool and do the foil method myself.

Pray for me, and remind me in the future to just suck it up and go somewhere nice.


Photobucket

5 comments:

Cher said...

You're braver than I was. I chickened out from doing highlights myself a couple weeks ago. Hope it turns out for ya!

Laura said...

Kristin's cousin does amazing blonde and doesnt charge $100. She is pretty resonable. Let me know if you need her number! :)

Mom of Three said...

Give me the number chica!!!

Katie said...

Dude, hope you called Kristin's cousin. Slef done cap highlights will mess you up! (I mean I have faith in you and everything)

Jenny said...

You are too funny. I've never been to a place like that, though Dave would LOVE for me to! How'd it go?