Thursday, April 23, 2009

Car drama...


We have three cars in our household. The husband has a big manly truck, then we have the big Expedition as our family car, and then we have a Pontiac that I bought from my granny when she stopped driving. I bought the Pontiac back in 2004 as I had a pretty long commute, and I thought it would be nice to have a car that was good on gas that I could just drive until it was busted. Though, I have changed work locations since, and have a smaller commute, getting the Pontiac has been great for our family, cause I am keeping miles off the family car, and saving on gas. Plus, it’s great to have an extra car around when things come up.


Early this week the family car’s ac/heating was talking to me. Seriously, I was convinced I had a ghost in my car. We took it in, and thankfully it was still under warranty so I did a little happy dance about that. I got the car back Tuesday night. Well, yesterday when I was driving home in the Pontiac, I discovered that my driver side window was barely cracked, and it wouldn’t go up. I pushed the down button, and I heard this awful crunching noise and the window went down, but still wouldn’t go up and now it was just stuck down, and a freaking thunder storm was coming. Craptastic. Dave wouldn’t answer his phone as he was having a busy work day, so I handled things maturely by texting him and telling him that my window had shattered and I was covered in glass. I know, totally inappropriate but I got his attention. He didn’t appreciate me giggling when he called all concerned. Hopefully Karma will let that one slide. Of course even though I got his attention, obviously I had a problem and had to deal with it asap because of impending storm. I took it to the shop and had my dad meet me up there to give me a ride home. I can always count on my dad at a moments notice.


My long term readers/friends may remember this happened before with the same car when Dave had it when I was a million months pregnant with Emily, so for a few hours I thought all was well in the world thinking since it happened again within a year maybe it would be under warranty for the part or something…. No such luck, it was a freaking different window…

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally craptastic!!! Sorry about the window, but you are too funny!