Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter recap

I thought Easter was really nice this year. The weather was really pretty, and it was just a fun day. Dave ended up taking off this weekend which was a nice surprise for me as he was supposed to work. We went to an egg hunt Saturday and played at the park. Sunday we got up, checked out what the bunny left, and then ventured to church. Yes, church. We have never gone to church as a family before. I know, I know. It's just hard, and I wont lie, I look forward to my weekend to relax and get house stuff done. It's hard to fit it in. It went well. The church we went to is the one Dave's family belongs to, and the one we got married at, etc. I did not grow up in a church. You can pray for soul if you want if you think I am going to hell because of that.

Anyways, the kids were clearly confused by this whole church outing. Emily went to the nursery, and we attempted to take Laura and Rachel to the kiddy room. Rachel was fine, and began checking out the toys, and the other kids. Laura was cool until she realized we were leaving her there. Instead of leaving her scared we just took her with us. She did fine during the service, so that worked out. Funny enough they had the kids in the daycare area do a little parade in the sanctuary during service. Emily and Rachel were so confused poor things. They had Emily in a wagon, and Rachel was shaking some noise maker thing. It was cute. We had a good time though, so I will try to go back more. I even found out they have Yoga class, so hey, maybe I might fit in.

We had lunch at my parents house, and then went to a local park to play and let the kids burn off all the candy they had consumed with Dave's brother's family. It was just a perfect day.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jenny said...

my boys completely freak out at church...we rarely go anymore for that reason. jack would never be quiet enough to stay in the service w/ us so it's either the kiddie room or nothing!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I wish my church had yoga. or real wine at communion. whatever.

Katie said...

You're not going to hell for missing church as a child. But that whole knocking on old ladies' doors and running thing...we may or may not have bought ourselves a one way ticket with that. :)

Anonymous said...

I really wish you had video tapped the parade through church!