Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I heart TJmaxx even a little more then Costco...

I have a confession to make. I have been going TJmaxx/Marshall's crazy this past week. It all started last week when on a whim I popped in and found a cute Lilly P polo in my size. I love Lilly P stuff, but I don't own any that fit me. All the Lilly stuff I have is for the kids. Mostly from consignment and Costco (my Costco has the dresses again this year for kids but same prints as last year) I had heard urban legends about Lilly P in Tjmaxx, so I was excited to find stuff this year. Sadly, I just can't wear much of their stuff as I can't pull it off. You have to be super duper thin for most of the looks to work, or be a child. To buy them in the actual Lilly stores, you have to be ready to spend some serious bucks. I mean seriously, some of their stuff costs as much as I paid for my wedding gown.

I about stroked out though when I found heaps of the stuff in the kiddo section of Tjmaxx. I seriously grabbed everything they had that would fit my kids. I even bought a cute dress that wont fit anyone for 2-3 years lol, but it was sooo cute and cheap I just had to have it. So then I started wondering if the other TJ's had Lilly stuff in stock, and so I ventured out to all my local stores. I was only let down at the Hampton location. Today I went to Marshall's and hit the jackpot again. They even had lots of stuff for ladies, but again it was all stuff that would make me look as wide as I am tall, or look like I should be riding the short bus.

I scored Lilly dresses, skirts, shirts, pull overs, bathing suits, shorts, and even some Vineyard Vines stuff. The girls are going to look so cute this summer, and I didn't break the bank. I am dying to get to the Va Beach TJ to see what I can find there.

I just love Tjmaxx in general. It's like a treasure hunt every time cause new stuff comes in every freaking day. I always see something I like. Don't even get me started on the homegoods section.

**in other random happenings in my life, I was attempting to make up a yoga pose on the floor in the den thinking I was all cool and creative and Dave told me I should name it the retarded dolphin...guess I shouldn't bust out that move at the yoga studio in front of everyone...

Photobucket

2 comments:

Bamawhitney said...

I wish out TJ Maxx had some Lilly! No such luck way out west!

Jenny said...

I'm so jealous-our Marshall's, TJMaxx, etc. all SUCK! I just need to drive down your way and SHOP! :0)

That's freaking hysterical what Dave said...I love it!