Thursday, April 9, 2009

I had my first softball team practice yesterday. I am playing on a co-ed slow pitch team this year. I always get nervous with the first practice after not playing for a while. The worst was a few years ago when I first played after not playing since high school. Girlfriend thought she was going to have a panic attack and be laughed at by old high school buddies on the team. Last night I wasn’t as nervous, but hesitant, and it went fine. My teammates seem very nice. Not everyone on there is exactly coordinated, but hey, it’s all about having fun and just being active. Last night was the first time in a long time that I have been playing when I got this feeling. I don’t think I can really describe it, but it was just a feeling of excitement and love for the game, and feeling fearless. It’s like my drive for softball was back or something. I used to play a lot in highschool and what not, and be all aggressive and pumped up about it. Seriously I was a nut about the sport and just a different person on the field. I never cared about getting hurt or looking like a nut. When I started playing back in 2007 I was happy to be on the field again, and liking it, but my edge was gone. I was scared of the ball somewhat, scared of being hurt, feeling out of shape, timid, and I ‘ll admit I prayed the entire time the ball wouldn’t come my way. I don’t know what occurred last night, but my drive for the game is back. All I want to do now is going play catch or some crap. I am such an idiot for not going out for the team in college. What the hell was I thinking.
In other active news, I got asked to play on a kick ball team. Seriously. Not. Even. Kidding. I busted out laughing at the very thought, but I did agree as I think it will be fun. I used to enjoy it in grade school at least. Maybe I should scope out some elementary kids for some pointers or something. Oh well, it’s active. I need something to help burn off all these Reese Eggs I am stuffing my face with. Seriously, I bought a package of 6 the other day that I planned on putting in my kids easter baskets… umm yeah… they ended up in my belly before the end of the day…all six of them…

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You rock! I'm so impressed! And, yeah, those d*&$ eggs are getting to me too!