Monday, April 20, 2009

Guess who's playing Cornhole in her backyard soon??

I can calm down again because I have found someone to make me a cornhole game. I actually had posted something on facebook about cornhole, and one of my old baseball friends messaged me and told me not to buy one from online, (he says he's seen a lot in person that most are cheaply made) and that he could hook me up with a guy that sells them locally. I figure since my friend also makes cabinets for a living he knows his wood, (and apparently cornhole boards). It's also cheaper then buying them off ebay, etc, AND he custum paints them... so now I have to figure out how I want mine to look. Of course Dave says he wants one painted in Virginia Tech colors. We didn't even go to school there, and he was a huge UVA fan until Michael Vick made fame. Bandwagon fan all the way! I could care less if Michael Vick even plays freaking tag football, much less for the NFL again. I don't mind Virginia Tech though seriously. I just like to tease the husband.

I would like mine to be painted like a baseball field, or just hot pink and then I could put a big 'ole decal on it or something for my name. Decisions, decisions.... Maybe we can get one board painted the way Dave wants it, and then I can get mine painted like I want it. You need two to play anyways.

Tonight I have softball games (my first games of the season) if they don't get rained out. I am excited but then again bummed that they are so late at night. We play double headers and our first game is at 8:30pm! That's way to late for this chica. But given the talent I saw on the field the other day at practice, there's a chance the slaughter rule will speed things up a bit!

In other random news I am itching to get home because we had the kitchen and dining room painted today. If anyone local needs a awesome and also cheap painter let me know. You will be so happy your mouth will hurt from smiling when he's done. I went with red for the kitchen and this super pale blue color for the dining room. Tuesday the plantation shutters get installed in the kitchen and then I can sit back and smile, and not boss my husband around for a while.

Photobucket

No comments: