Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WW cont.

SO the meeting last night went better then I expected. There were a lot of people there, of all shapes, sizes and ages, BUT Dave was just one of two guys there. I even recognized an old teachers wife of mine from high school. I didn't say anything to her and I am sure people don't want to be recognized at such meetings, and she doesn't know me. I just know of her, and I seriously sweated her husband (he was a super hot teacher and swim coach, so by now most you know who I am talking about).

The leader/speaker at the meetings is really good. She's funny, and motivating. She showed Dave and I a picture of herself before she joined, and she was just really personable. We had our weigh ins, got our materials, Dave bought a crap load of their snacks, and were on our way. I am committing to 10 weeks of going, and after 10 weeks we shall see if I can stand to keep on the plan without going to the meetings. New people are asked to stay after the meetings to make sure they understand the diet etc as it is a bit confusing at first. We didn't stay last night as he wanted to get home to kids asap, but next week I think we need, as the plan has had some recent changes. When Dave and I did it you had two plans to choose from- Flex Points, and Core. We did flex, but apparently it sounds like momentum is the sole plan now, which is still points based, but focuses on foods that keep you fuller longer.

I am bit concerned about my daily points. Last year when I tried it online for a little bit before I got pregnant I was given 23 points.... According to the new plan I get 24. So I get an extra point, but I weigh less now then when I got my points last year, so I don't get why I get another point? I guess I should just shut up and eat that point, and if for some reason the weight loss isn't happening like it should I will just take the point away. When you figure up your points you have to take into account how much you weigh, your height, and then it asks you how active you are, like if you have a sit down job, or if your on your feet alot. I got confused here, as I am on my butt a lot at work, but often I am only there for 6 hours,and the rest of my time I am at home running around like a chicken with my head cut off with my kids. And I do fit in some exercise, so I justified I was active between chasing kids, and what not.

I did make a new discovery that egg whites are zero points. Woot. I love boiled egg whites, especially with some hot sauce. Yeah I'm a weirdo.

Dave is all excited about the diet, so excited he got up at 4:30 am to leave for the gym. He's got a bet going with another guy from work to see who can lose the most weight. They apparently are going to have a weigh in on 7/31/09 and have put a small wager on it. Good for him.

So my starting weight when I weighed in at the meeting- 161.8. Please keep in mind this was at the end of the day, I had on regular clothes, and some shoes, and I had a dollar in change in my pocket lol. Earlier that day at work the scale said 161.0, before girlfriend went crazy at lunch time with a burrito the size of her head.

Seriously, if anyone locally wants to do this with us, please feel free to join us. It will make it more fun, and we can cheer each other on. I have to say its so nice to have a meeting location just a couple of miles away, and even though it is at the Jewish Center, it really is open for everyone.

Photobucket src="http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/Gilesr1/robyn-1.jpg" border=0>

1 comment:

AverettLadyNana said...

Yes he certainly was easy on the eyes...Roberta about had a fit when he hugged you at graduation when you went up on the stage to get your diplomia...no teachers looked like that when either she or I was in school. For some reason she didn't think a student knew their teachers in the 'large city' schools.