Thursday, February 19, 2009

wally world adventures

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday. I have probably not been in there since shortly before I gave birth to Emily 5 months ago. I despise going there. In all reality, I like the deals, and they have some cute stuff from time to time. My issues is the one in my local city is ghetto, and that’s sugar coating it. The other ones in nerby area are usually a little safer, but offer the same eye popping sights. I don’t even have to explain that one. You know you too have seen some crazy eye sores and scary people. I have Walmart rules. I never go alone, I never go on weekends unless its super early in the day, and I would rather gouge my eyes then go on black Friday. Seriously the place gives me hives.
Anyways, I went to the ghetto one as it’s the easiest for me to swing into on my way home from work. I went alone, so I was being super brave. I prayed hard that I would not be robbed while I made my way from the parking lot into the store, and I refused to make eye contact with anyone once inside. My reason for going? I saw some super cute kids shoes and bathing suits on someone’s blog from the place, and I was shocked they were from Walmart. There’s not much I wont do for cute kid stuff. I found the sandals, but my walmart is slacking on kids bathing suits currently, so that was sad. I did pick up a cute dress for the oldest kiddos as well that will be fun for spring. THEN I noticed their easter stuff was out, so I bought a few goodies for their easer baskets so I can get the candy portion of the basket out of the way. I picked up a few items to have for Rachel’s bday party this weekend, so I can start getting ready for that. So all in all, it wasn’t that bad as it wasn’t crowded, and I wasn’t assaulted in the parking lot coming or going, but betcha they wont find me back for several more months- cute kids stuff or no kids stuff, I am just spoiled too much by my Target. I never feel dirty or afraid while I am there, I hardly ever see any kids with rat tales or mullets, and everyone is dressed appropriately without logos on their shirt with obscene words/pictures. Remember those Big Johnson t-shirts? Yeah people still sport those with pride at Wal-Mart. There parents must be so proud.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL! I haven't seen one of those shirts in forever-thank God!

I cannot believe Emily is already five months. Where is the time going?

Katie said...

What's wrong with some business up front and a party in the back? I can't believe that you are prejudice against mullets!

KK said...

Go to walmart.com and order the swimsuits so you never have to go in the store--their shipping is super cheap, like 97 cents per item or something insane like that. I actually ordered the suits and had them shipped to my store which is free but you do have to go there to pick up the stuff. If I wasn't so super cheap I would have totally just paid the shipping cuz my Wal-mart is ghetto too!