Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thank you

So you know that depressing blog I wrote that made me want to jump off a bridge after typing it? I got some nice comments, and sweet emails from people, that I wanted to thank everyone for. One of my friends also posted a sweet blog of her own on myspace, that I just wanted to share, and means more to me that she will ever know. She's been a great friend through work, and has had to deal with listening to me whine through two pregnancies (she wasn't employed when I was preggo with Laura) so power to her. That alone to enough to make her holy. Below is her post.

Friendship
Friend, whose blog I lurk at and havn't figured out how to get my comments to stick, I too have friendship woos (sp?). I seemed to have destroyed or distanced myself from every friend in my past. I do have one longtime friend from kindergarten, but our lives have taken different paths and we don't have much in common. More that anything we stay in touch probably to say we have still have a friend from way back when. I think part of my problem is that I am too guarded for fear that people will think the real me is a wierdo. What I am realizing (as I age ever so gracefully), is that people are basically the same. We're all a bit wierd and most of us have our hearts on our sleeves. Oprah makes me especially self conscious of my friendship situation with her long time Gayle buddy. I did read an article in a magazine once about the nature of friendships...I wish I could find it now, because the only thing I remember from it is that some end. Anyway, your blog was not depressing, just real. And that is one of the things I like about you. you are real. And you are a good friend.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

Very sweet! It is hard to have good girlfriends; I feel exactly the same way about losing and alientaing friends over the years. Girls are just harder to get along with and aren't always loyal. It is nice to have a good group of girlfriends at work - it makes work and life much better.