Sunday, January 11, 2009

Party Time...

Yesterday I took Laura and Rachel to a birthday party for Laura's "boyfriend" from school. This was the first school buddy party we have done, and it was interesting ... Emily stayed home as I knew taking the other two by myself to someone elses home was going to be interesting enough. I am so glad I made that choice now, and probably should have left Rachel home lol. It was such a cute party. The theme was Diego, from Dora the Explorer. My kids don't watch either YET, so I don't know much about them. BUT the parents had Diego come to the party. Yep, Diego entered the room to surprise the guests with that massive head, and my girls went into full panic attack mode. So mental note, my kids are not huge Santa friends, and not into costume character people. Yeah they cried and cried and held onto me for dear life. Rachel did warm up to him eventually and participated in the games, but Laura wasn't trusting poor Diego one bit. Then Laura and Rachel both wanted to do a self led house tour, so that was fun trying to keep them from wandering off and breaking things.

I have not had a kids birthday party yet for my wee ones yet. We have mainly had family with a few friends. It got my head spinning yesterday thinking about what we have to look forward to. This party was so cute. Diego came, and then everyone got goody bags with little toys in the Diego theme. They had a cute pinata with candy, so then everyone got a bag of candy, and then when they left every kid got to take a cupcake home.

Laura and Rachel both have birthdays coming up in Feb. I am not sure I am brave enough to have a friend party just yet. Our immediate families are so big that familys and our close friends pack the house as it is, so I would need to do something separate. Then since it's February, I can't do something outside. I think I can get away with one more year before starting friend birthdays. The very thought stresses me out... Honestly I think I might let them celebrate their half birthday in the summer with friends when they are older and just rent out our pool. I always wanted a pool party growing up, and never got one. Speaking of which, the hubby turns 30 this month! I want to do something special for him, but I am clueless, and of course he's not giving me any ideas....





Photobucket

2 comments:

The wife said...

I think the half birthday celebration in the summer is a fantastic idea! Baby Girl's b-day is in June and I've already started planning a pink mermaid party for her.

Unknown said...

Love this idea. All four of my children have birthdays in the winter and it's just too hard to plan in the cold! Love your blog (and the title is great...I'm all for it!). I gave you an award on my blog:

www.theconfettichronicles.blogspot.com/2009/01/lemonade-stand.html