Saturday, May 29, 2010

Menu Planning....

I enjoy cooking, but I really hate coming up with something last minute. I have been guilty for buying basic items when I got grocery shopping, and then getting stumped of what to fix for dinner.... and too many times just give in and say , " I don't know what to fix so let's go out."


This week I attempted menu planning. It's an idea so freaking basic, but I had never laid one out before on paper. It helped alot. I could figure out what days the girls had evening activities, and on those days I chose for us to make pizza (using the Pioneer Woman's Pizza dough reciepe). When I placed my order for the momagenda planner I also bought from the website a menu planning note pad, which I sat down yesterday and have made for next week. I like their pad, as it has on the left space to plan the actual meals, and the on the right you can make your grocery list and you can tear off your grocery list to take with you. It was so much more fun to fill out that note pad for next week, rather then use a scrap piece of paper.


So what's on our menu for next week?


Monday- we are having a cookout with hotdogs and hamburgers


Tuesday- Chicken Spagetti (another Pioneer Woman creation) I will probably make this over the weekend and freeze it, and then pop in the over when we get back from the kids gymnastics)


Wednesday- Leftovers (I have 2 softball games, so leftovers are cruical on this day)


Thursday- Sloppy joes with left over hamburger meat from cookout


Friday- The kids have requested regular spagetti and salad. I usually make a Paula Dean Sauce ahead of time, and stick it in the fridge or freezer.


Saturday- grilled pork chops


Sunday- we will probably go out somewhere


I am going to fill each meal with some sides, which will probably be corn on the cob and salad.


So my meals are pretty easy this week and nothing fancy, but I need simple to get back into the swing of things.


Photobucket

No comments: