Monday, May 18, 2009

Softball Season

Every Monday night I play on a co-ed softball team. Out team is undefeated this year so far after 8 games. I seriously thought our team was not going to be that good, but we had a lot other people come out after we had our first practice, and we are pretty good. This season I have been playing 1st base. I never played first base before but I actually have not minded it... well until today in our 2nd game (we play double headers each Monday) when this guy ran into me like a damn train. I did at least hang onto the ball. Seriously, I wont be surprised if my half my face is bruised tomorrow, and my back hurts something fierce. Enough to pop some prescription drugs. It was nasty. We are talking football tackle style, flying through the air, and eatting dirt. He felt horrible, but I'm still alive and was able to keep playing, and most importantly he was out.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Bamawhitney said...

Congrats to you! I can't even catch a ball with a glove!

AverettLadyNana said...

My baby girl can still be bulldozed by those nasty ole boys and come out ahead--just like she did when she was the only girl on boys baseball teams and they tried to run her over and she still held on to that ball!!

Katie said...

I bet he's paying you back for bulldozing him back in the day or still pissed that he rode the bench while you were playing first string. hehe

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

You look cute up there batting - and if that's a UK t-shirt on a VA girl, we could probably be best friends! :)