Friday, May 8, 2009

Show Us Where you live Friday -Living Room


**edit click on pics to see full photos****
Welcome to my Living room. When you walk in the front door this room is right to your left.
diningroom5

We recently painted this room a pale light blue. The husband put up the chair rail himself about 2 years ago. Take note of the lovely swing in the room. By the way we love this baby swing! Our first one died after we wore it out on out first two babies, and this was my babyshower gift from my coworkers before I had Emily. It has been wonderful and it can run off of electricity! You have no idea how many batteries we went through on the first swing... The quilt on the chair my mom quilted for me. We don't usually keep it in there, but oh well, I didn't have time to clean for pics.

diningroom4

In this view you can see a little more of the room. The white shelf ledge thingy I recently got at a garage sale and I put some pretty shells on it that I had on display in the bathroom. I figured this way they could be seen a little more. On this wall we also have a family picture of us when there was 2 kids. We did it in Novemeber of 07 as we didn't have a family photo, and we figured we were done with kids so it was time... who knew we would be pregnant again in less then 2 months... Guess it's time for another family photo!

diningroom3

In this view you can see the other side a little better. On this wall we have our wedding picture, as well as pictures of the girls in their christening gowns. We are having Emily baptized probably within 2-3 months, so she will be added on the wall then. On the little table with the lamp we have our wedding album on it, and a few framed photographs. I have one of those digital frames on their as well, but I probably have turned it on once. It's just something hard to remember to do.

diningroom2

These items are really cool. The barrel shaped desk is something my parents got at a auction forever and a day ago, and they offered it to us not long after we moved in. It's really unique and very old. It has so many neat hidden compartments. We have this antique inkwell brass thing on it that my grandfather gave to me that serves no purpose whatso ever but I am told it is old and valuable, and he likes to see it when he comes over so that is where we keep it!

The marble top table is just really pretty. It was in my granny's house who passed away in 2008. When she moved in the nursing home and we were diving items up/cleaning out the house this was something I really wanted, and I lucked out. We have a few wedding photos on it, and our Bose Wave Sound System.

dining room1

Just another view of the room from standing in our den. I love the tops of our windows in our downstairs as it lets in more light.

Thanks for coming by and checking out my living room!




Photobucket

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your house-it is always immaculate in pics you post-SO JEALOUS! The one thing I miss about having a formal living room is space for wedding pics, more formal pics of the kiddos, etc....they're all in my dining room for now. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I need a close-up of that couch. We may have to same one.

twinsplusone said...

Oh my!! Three under three caught my eye--- we have three under two!! But girl your house looks amazing-- how do you do it??

Staci said...

I just had to write and say that I love the name of your blog! So clever and SO true!

Mom of Three said...

Ha my house is hardly immaculate, the living room is just hardly used, and I admit to picking up before I take pictures =)