Saturday, May 9, 2009

Prom

This has been floating around blog world, and even though I have not been tagged, I am going to tag myself cause I have nothing better to do today.

The rules:~ Upload your prom picture. If you don't have one, email your mom and have her send it to you.~ Don’t forget to include the year it was taken. Again, don't be shy. The older the better.~ Grab the "Prom Queen" button and add to your post. Tag 5 others!

Prom 1998

So this is my senior prom picture from my highschool days. Damn it's been 11 years. What I wouldn't do for the body again. It's makes me sick to think that back then I thought I was fat. Anyways, my prom was magical and all of the stuff. I was obsessed with my dress which actually came from Dillard's and wasn't all that expensive. It was all about the sequins those years. I was able to to wear it again to a college formal. My date was this guy I dated all of my senior year. We thought that I would go off to college (he stayed home and went to some school around here) and that we would get married. Ummm let's just say once I got to college I knew there was much more out in the world...It was quite the nasty break up which requires like 10 posts. The last time I saw him was when he was stalking me at Huntington Beach like a year after our break up...HOWEVER my husband worked with his best friend about 6 years ago, and get this... Dave went hunting with the best friend, and the ex knew about it and tried to talk best friend into shooting my husband... NOT EVEN KIDDING.... We actually just learned about this a few months ago. Weirdo.
So back to prom, we went to dinner at Olive Garden in Williamsburg (we thought we were super classy, and I thought I was super special when I got to order an appetizer) then prom was at some Holiday Inn in Hampton, Va, and then after prom was at Patrick Henry Mall (totally lame).
So the prom date presently lives in Florida, is married and he has three kids himself all super close in age like me. Actually, their ages are about the same as my kiddos. Isn't that weird?

I tag anyone else who wants to play!!!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Jenny said...

That's awesome! I would love to be tagged and do this too but I don't even have my pic from way back then! Happy Mother's Day!

Bamawhitney said...

Great post! I'm playing along!

Katie said...

RCG, you crack me up. Do I know this winner?

Jamie said...

that hunting story is crazy. aren't you so glad you didn't end up with him? ew.

AverettLadyNana said...

I told you he was a nut case from day one!

Unknown said...

I am so going to hunt down some prom pictures & do this!!