Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy July 4th!



Right now I am in between pool trips/cookouts as the kids are catching some quick naps. I hope everyone is having a great 4th, and enjoying the pretty weather! this weekend we have been busy with helping my grand parents out some, as they are preparing to leave there home and move to a retirement community. We are happy that they are going to be closer by us, but it's sad they are leaving their home. I know this has got to be very hard for them to do, and I know it makes me almost tearful to think about, and I know they are going to miss the house that they have lived for at least 50 years. They are giving away some items they wont have room for at their new place to family, and I am happily the new owner of a really cool crystal collection- called Fostoria Americana. Honestly, I really wanted this crystal, because for one I remember my grandmother always using the glasses when we would come over for dinner, and serving ice tea. It's really thick glass, and is has a neat ice cube like pattern. My grandmother had a pretty nice collection, and after looking around the internet, I think I am going to keep collecting these pieces. I have the square cake stand on display on our kitchen table with a jar of flowers from my grandmothers garden. The other items are out away, but I really need to organize it.

I learned that this pattern was made here in America- West Virginia- from 1915- 1986. It was called the Crystal for America. How appropriate for the 4th of July!

Photobucket

No comments: