Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Fragments....

*My kids and I ate out first cucumber from our little garden. I use the garden word loosely because it's really just a little row on the side of our house. Last year I did 2-3 green pepper plants, this year I have a row of various peppers, cukes, and tomatoes. Next year I might have an acre lol. It hasn't all been a sucess though... I planted a cilantro herb plant, and it died pretty much right away. Bummer cause I love cilantro. My parents used to have a large garden, and seriously I have no idea how they did it, or for that matter why it was so big as I remember my mom making me take baskets of produce around to the neighbors because we had too much.

*My work car has needed an allignment, and I didn't think it was THAT bad, Umm apparently it was really bad, as it caused one of my tires to be worn down and go flat, and then when we took it in to get a new tire put on we found out another one needed replacing too. I had it in my head that small car tires would be about $60. Nope, not even close. There goes my vacation spending money.

*We leave for Nags Head next Saturday. Woohoo! We all need a vacation very badly.

* Dave got my new phone hooked up, for my early Birthday present. How have I survived with out this smart phone before??? I have the same phone now as the hubby, so we are all happy now. Did I have a t-total fit about getting it? You betcha, but it's all good. This phone is so cool! Very useful, let me tell ya! I am just amazed by technology. I have not downloaded a lot of apps yet, cause I need some time to find some, but the ones I do have are all freebies. Of course it already comes with the facebook app, but I have an app for twitter now, a barcode scanner app that when you scan it, it will tell you the cheapest places to buy the product,and a few others. The camera on it is pretty decent too, so I have been the biggest nerd with taking lots of pics and uploading to facebook.

* My grandparents are all moved into the retirement community, and thought I know this is a HUGE change for them, I think everyone feels better about them being closer to family. My grandmother was so excited to give us the tour of the apartment, and it looks like there are a lot of social activities, outings etc. I hope and pray that this works out for them and that they are happy. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to leave your home after all these years.

* Ballet camp for Laura has ended, and this week we started back with gymnatics, and next week the girls go to vacation bible school.

* I am going to be 30 in 1 more week. How crazy is that? Bring on the wrinkle cream.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jamie said...

easy girl! I've been 30 for almost 2 years now...no wrinkle cream necessary!! HA HA. Have fun on vacation :)