Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thanks for your hard work!

So the company I work for wanted to celebrate their appreciation for their employees. They sent out everyone one gift which was a legal pad in a faux leather folder with the company name on it. Most employees were not excited, I happend to like mine, and I actually got to have two as I work between both units. They sent a letter saying we would get a second gift that was late coming in.

Well today we get our 2nd gift. Total let down. It's a freaking book called 10 minute guide to Teams and Teamwork. Seriously what brillant person though their many employees would want this? We are a for profitt company and this is what we get? I would have happily accepted another legal pad thingy or a freaking company pen, or even better a bonus or a certifcate somewhere.

We got a gift card last year for Christmas which I though was ok, but now I am simply afraid of what we will get this year.

This company kills me. They sent out letter a few weeks ago as they knew another company was recruiting us heavily. The company I went to for about a month this summer lol. They pretty much said we know your getting phone calls from our competition but we would like to remind you how great we are blah blah blah.... First of all the other company is pretty awesome, I just didn't like my unit for other reasons. I so want to write a letter to my CEO but I am afraid if I make to much noise I will get fired.

So in the mean time I think all of my coworkers are going to mail our book back. Theres more power in numbers!

I think I will go home early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hilarious! and frightening, too - what companies think of! some genius in marketing probably came up with that (spoken from the mouth of one of those marketing weenies). thanks for visiting my blog and i'm glad to have found yours!