Sunday, October 28, 2007

The joys and not so joys of the Giles weekend...

This weekend was anything but relaxing. It was nice to spend time with family and have the husband home, but still it was crazyness!

My animals have a personal mission in my life to make it as difficult as possible, by destroying items that belong to me, to their latest quest which was to infest our house with fleas. Yes lovely I know, so we bombed our house Sunday to rid those and thankfully we are flea free. Yesterday my husband and brother in law put up the trim stuff in the dining room. Looked really good, and Dave is supposed to paint the trim sometime this week in what little free time he has- WELL this evening after we had been out of our house all day during the flea bombing I needed to do laundry and upon doing the laundry we discovered that we had a leak somehow and somewhere in the house- which was caused by the nails used to put the trim up as the laundry room backs up to the laundry room and you guessed it one of the nails went through the drain line. SO we now have a big hole in our drywall in the laundry room cause Dave has to replace the pipe. Go figure... we try to work on one room and make it nice, and then this happens. Oh well, its fixable and thankfully was caught immediately to prevent any further damage.

So the highs of the weekend were I found a nice dress for me to wear at Rachel's baptism next Sunday. My parents also decided to get a new TV for their den, and they sent us out to pick it out and had us set it up for them, so in return we got their old TV, which is just a year old and a nice flat screen , so that's in our bedroom now.

I got to see my sister and nephews today as well, and her tail is going scrap booking in Williams burg for some big crop next weekend and I am jealous as can be. I can't go though as we will be getting ready for Rachel's big day, which is also stressing me to no end as Dave as usual just invites everyone he knows, and our families are big enough, which just means our house is going to be crowded as anything and our families aren't going to have room to breathe, and I have to figure out a way to feed everyone. It's a baptism, not a community event, we don't have to invite everyone we know. And to make matters worse, I sent out invites and no one freaking RSVPS anymore you just never know who is coming or not coming. I did invite my alleged best friend, and of course have not heard from her. Will be interesting if she comes. She and her husband are trying to patch things up after he lost his mind this summer. Yeah, this is the guy that cheated on her with a 17 year old. Not just a one time drunken mistake, but he left his wife and child for this other child, and when the 17 year decided she was done with him, he goes back to his wife and she freaking takes him back. To top it off, when he blabbed his mouth to me all bad about her, and I called her and told her what he said- he ends up calling me a liar saying I said those things because I am still mad about him rejecting me when we dated 10+ years ago. For the record I was never rejected, I ran like hell when I realized how nutty he was, and I also remember some inappropriate remarks/gestures from him summers I worked there towards to me, and so I think he's completely mistaken. I also did not put his name on the invite, and believe me I may just be inappropriate if he shows his face at that church.

So can you tell I am a tad bit bitchy. Yeah I am, but Sunday will come if I am ready or not. Speaking of which- my poor mom is still working day and night on the dress for it.

So here's to a more relaxing week...

No comments: