Sunday, October 21, 2007

craft shows and heros

I went with my parents and my two girls to the local Poquson Seafood Festival. I go for the crafts, and in years past its either a good show or disappointing. Or maybe it seems disappointing because I go to every freaking craft show between here and Richmond. It seems the same people are vendors year after year and some are awesome about changing things up, and some just don't get it. This was a good show I thought. I saw lots of cute halloween decorations and I had to remind mysefl over and over I have enough freaking Halloween decorations. SO what were my purchases? I got both of my kids two trick or treat bags to tote around when they are older as the bags are right now bigger then them. So, I am going to put away these bags until they are older, and god willing, I will be able to find them when that occurs!

I also got a cute Christmas Journal thingy. I made one myself a few years ago at a scrapbooking thing. It's just a cute decorated notebook, and since the dog ate the one I made this will save me from having to make another one. I use these books to keet track of what gifts I have bought for Xmas and how much money I have put out. I like to staple receipts in there as well in case a gift I get someone needs to be returned.

And thats all I got- I know pretty light for me but like I said I made myself stay away from Halloween decorations before some visitor comes to my house and thinks I worship Satan or something.

Later on that day Dave and I took the kids to a church/preschool near our house to let our oldest play on the playground. We had fun and I even got to swing on a swing. Back home later that evening near bedtime I notice I have lost an earring. Not just any earring but a new earring that I got in Richmond when I went shopping with some friends earlier this month. It wasn't expensive but still I was crushed, and even down right pissed. It sent me off on a rant on how the world is just out to get me. I know so dramatic! But I was going for a Oscar worthy performance. I went to my room pouting and ready to break into sobs after a fruitless search of the house. I decieded to just try to go to bed, and Dave let me be. I figured he was in the den preparing to go to work himself, and silently cussing me for being so dramtic.

However the door swung open and Dave came in saying he had found my earring. At first I didn't believe him, I thought it was some cruel joke, but as he came closer I noticed he had both of my earrings. Turns out my wonderful husband had rode his bike in the dark with a flash light the whole way to the playground searching for it, and had found it over at the swings we were at. You would have though I had won the lottery. Yes this is one reason why my husband is the bestest, because who else out there would have gone to all that damn trouble for me?

No comments: