Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I hung up on Jenny!

After I was pregnant for a gazillion months with both babies I started dieting and exercising to lose the baby weight. I think I have done pretty good, but lately I have been slacking but I have not gone up either so that’s a good thing.

I know I need to start eating better though and I need to get back to the gym but I try to reason I am staying active with two young kids and I was playing softball some, but now softball is done until Spring, and I am eating bad. Like really bad. My low point was yesterday at work. Before even coming to work I had a huge honking bowl of Cinnamon toast crunch. Yes very tasty but all that sugar just can’t be what I need. I then get to work and head to the Krispy Cream stash a patient brought in for us, then I hit up a candy basket as I have an addiction to Reesey Cups. That’s my form of crack. Then I had lunch which was reasonable, but then for dessert as I just didn’t have enough sugar in me already was some cake from a coworkers party. Go ME! I probably set a record for sugar quantity or something.

So during some down time after realizing what I ate I got online and was looking at the Jenny Craig website. A friend of mine has lost some weight with it and she’s encouraging me to try it. So online they have a thing where you plug in your info and number and they call you right away…. Seriously as soon as I clicked the button the work phone rang. It wasn’t Jenny though, it was a man with a heavy Indian accent. I could hardly understand him, and he was soooo reading from a cue card. He asked me how much I wanted to lose and what my goals were and blah blah blah and then I got frustrated it wasn’t a freaking woman- and that I couldn’t understand him. I mean seriously, why do I want to tell some man about my weight goals, and why would he even care? So I just friggin hung up on him lol. All I freaking wanted was some info on how much, where to go etc. So take that Kristy Alley and Valleri Bertenelli! I called Jenny and hung up on them! How many people can say that lol.

It’s not over though, I think I am going to call my local office and get the scoop. From what I have been told you buy the food from them and eat it and you lose weight if you eat what they tell you too. I like that idea especially with work, so I can just grab the frozen meal and go. Eventually you can eat non microwave food, once you learn portion and blah blah blah. I did weight watchers a few years ago and did good with it, but hated counting the points, and those damn group meetings and weigh ins just sucked. With this its one on one so no silly group mess. It can be pricey but the cost is all about the food. So it may be $175 but that’s all your food for the week, so its not that bad I guess.

So do I take the plunge? I don’t know if I can stay away from Plaza’s long enough, but we shall see. At least I have today to raid Halloween candy from kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've thought about doing the prepackaged meal diets but I'd rather do it with real food because eventually I'll have to eat real food anyways. I'm sure it's more convenient with the prepackaged stuff though.