Friday, November 12, 2010

Nearing the end of the week.....

Wooo weeeee, another busy week has come, and it's not quite over! I had my last fall ball softball game of the season, and probably my last one maybe forever. Our team pretty much came in last place, as after having a awesome season last year they put us up two divisions, so we were playing co-ed teams that travel, and compete seriously. Yeah, we won one game this season.... I enjoy playing, but with the kids getting older and having their own activities, and with joining the junior league, I just feel guilty doing it as it takes me away from home even more. My oldest daughter will be old enough to start playing tee ball this coming spring, and I would like to be able to go to her games, and possibly help out with coaching. They are also still loving gymnastics, and Emily will be starting in January with it, so time is just going to be valuable.

Speaking of the junior league, I have really enjoyed it. I have met a lot of awesome ladies, and the good that they do for the community is just unbelievable. As a new member, our class has to do new member project, and we just picked our project, and it has me just so excited! I am a bit overwhelmed with it, as we were given our placements for the rest of the year in the new member class, and I asked to be the corresponding secretary, and I actually got it. I thought it would be fun, and honestly I will just admit I thought it would be easy. It's going to be a lot more involved then I thought, as I have a lot to keep up with the many different committees on our project, and do the agendas for our meetings, and meeting minutes, but I am excited to have an important role. I will share more about our project as it develops more....

I made a good dent in my christmas shopping for the kiddos. I really wanted to get the new Fisher Price IXL for my older girls as their big gift from Santa, but was sad about the price, as well, we need two. I was counting on it to be a black friday special, but luckily, it went on sale at Target this week, AND one target's website they had printable coupons for it too, so I used the coupon with the sale and so I saved $40 total. I had to go to two different Target's to get pink IXL's, but hey they are bought, and I got a good deal.... You better believe it though I am hanging on to my receipt in the event I can get a better deal closer to Christmas....

Speaking of Christmas shopping, I just discovered the amazon.com wish list function. You can download the universal tool bar button, and from any website if you see an item you like you can just click to add it to your amazon wish list. This is pretty nice and a easy way to create a wish list so people know what you are after for christmas! Truth be told my list has crazy expensive items that I will probably never get in a million years, but it's all in good fun haha. You can add comments by your items like the size and color you are after etc.

I have been trying new recipes, been on a pumpkin kick lately...I made a yummy pumpkin log from one of the junior leagues cookbooks, and last night we did breakfast for dinner and I made pumpkin pancakes. My kids are obsessed with pancakes, so they really enjoyed this tasty treat. I got the recipe from http://www.thebrunettefoodie.com/2010/11/10/pumpkin-pancakes/

They are so yummy. We will def be having this again.

No comments: