Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday happenings and a receipe...



My middle child had a small field trip to a produce/garden center that I actually worked at for years and years. I took off to attend this with her, and we got to have some mother/daughter bonding time. This place has been offering a cute halloween program since 2003, for local preschools in which they do a cute puppet performance, hayride, walk through a maze, and then they get to pick a small pumpkin. The teacher brought a fun snack for them to enjoy afterward on the picninc tables. Rachel really had fun, and I enjoyed spending the morning with her and her friends.


This afternoon we have pretty much all been lazy and spent it napping. We all had a rough night, as all of the kids decieded to wake up at 3am, come downstairs, got out some drinks and chips and just had a big 'ole party until Dave and I woke up and asked them what in the world they were doing. Of course then they got up again at 6am. Energy is wasted on the young.


I have slowly tried to get my but in gear this evening, and I have started dinner. Tonight we are having strawberry porkchops and sweet potatoes. We have really been enjoying this porkchop dish, and gasp, it's not pioneer woman! I did find it from a foodie blog, but I have put my own spin on things. Here's how I make it for my family.


4 boneless porkchops


6tablespoons of strawberry jam


2 teaspoons of worshire sauce


1 table spoon of cinnamon


1/2 table spoon of pepper.


stir up all into well combined, and then smooth it on top of the porchops, and then put in the over on 400 degrees for about 40 minutes. So easy, and we all know porkchops are super duper cheap. My kids also love this dish so hey, it's a keeper.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Lindsey @ Harpersville Home said...

I wondered if you had a blog!!! I couldn't find it before but I got it now!!! :) Glad I found it...you've had me cracking up as I've gone through some of your old posts!! Following now!:)

Lindsey @ Harpersville Home said...

I wondered if you had a blog!!! I couldn't find it before but I got it now!!! :) Glad I found it...you've had me cracking up as I've gone through some of your old posts!! Following now!:)