Saturday, October 30, 2010

New read....



I finally got around to updating the What I am reading sidebar on my page. Truth be told, I had not read anything in a good bit. I heard about this book, "Thirteen Reasons Why". It's a young adult book, (stop judging, the Twilight books are young adult too, and they rocked). I spied this book at Barnes and Noble, BUT I ended up getting this yesterday from our local library, and they had like 4 copies or something crazy.

I am a few chapters in, so I don't want to give any spoilers, but this is a crazy good book. I seriously woke up at 5:30am to have some time to read before everyone else woke up. That good.

This book is about a highschool girl who recently committed suicide, and before she killed herself she recorded herself on several audio tapes explaining her thirteen reasons why she had to do it. The tapes are being sent to the thirteen people who she feels are responsible for her death. Yes teen angst. Roll your eyes all you want, but teen angst is pretty much something we can all remember and relate to. This book will suck you in. Buy it, borrow it, or get from your library asap.

No comments: