Friday, September 11, 2009

My baby turns 1 on the 17th, but we are doing her party tomorrow. For all three of my girls we have always had a family party and I have made BBQ. It's easy, always feeds plenty of people, and well, most people will eat BBQ.

I got this recipe from my mom, and I believe she got it from our local newspaper eons ago. It's my family's favorite, and everyone loves it so here it is...

Pork BBQ

approx 8lb or so Pork Shoulder, or even a Boston But. It can be frozen or fresh...

Place meat in large crock pot, pour cider Vinegar over meat into pot, so that about 2 inches are in bottom of crock pot. Then shake Liquid smoke in crock pot over meat. I usually give about 4-5 shakes. Then cook overnight. If it's frozen turn it on high, if it's fresh put it on low. Either way it will be done by morning.

In morning or 8 hours later, remove meat and discard liquid that was in crock pot. Then pick the meat off of the bone if your meat had a bone. Discard bone, fat. I shred the meat and put in a large Tupperware Bowl.

To make Sauce

3 1/2 cups ketchup

3/4 Molasses

1/2 plus 3 tablespoons of prepared mustard

2 1/2 cups cider vinegar

1 table spoon Tabasco sauce

3 tablespoons soy sauce

1 tablespoon black pepper (ground)

1/2 cup sugar

1 tablespoon liquid smoke.

I put all of this in a large container that has a lid and then I shake it for all I am worth.

I then pour this on top of meat to my and then let it sit on the meat in a Tupperware container in the fridge covered for one night to marinate in the sauce. It tastes better if it has time to do that. When I want to serve it I just throw it back in a crock pot to heat up and serve buffet style.

For Emily's party I have to double all of this because we have a big party. I cooked the meat last night and this morning I shredded it and have the sauce soacking on the meat in the fridge. Though it looks time consuming I assure you it's easy. Cause if it was hard I sure wouldn't even attempt it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy! We have BBQ at ALL of our grown-up parties!!

We're doing Baby Girl's party on Sunday.

Veronica said...

one year already! time is just flying by.