Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Christmas Post....


And just like that, Christmas is over....It felt so rushed and short this year for some reason.  I heard one of the ladies on The View refer to an "illness" called PHA, preholiday anxiety.  That's totally me with Christmas. All other holidays don't seem to stress me out, but Christmas can just twist me up in knots.  There's just so much to do, so many places to go, so many fun things I want to do with my kids, so much shopping and spending to do, and even though it is fun, trying to keep up can kill ya.  I calmed down quite a bit once I got my shopping and wrapping done and was able to enjoy the holidays a little, and now I am just plain worn out and tired.  I know the tiredness is a blessing though, because it means we had a lot to do and a lot of fun with family, I was reminded this today as I heard a sad story from a patient who had to spend it all alone without any family or friends.

Christmas Eve I let Dave sleep in until lunch time as he had to work overtime the night before, so I figured we would just let him sleep until he woke up.  He really needs the rest as night shift is a killer.  The girls and I made some cookies for Santa with my new cookie press that my mom got me earlier this month.  It's an electric one, and makes pretty cookies! We played Christmas music and watched a few movies until Dave woke up. Once he woke up, the girls went next door for a few minutes while Santa's "helpers" put together Emily's play grill that he was bringing her.  We took it easy the rest of the day and later that evening went to visit with Dave's brothers family.  We ended the night by letting the girls open their pj's and giving the girls baths.


The girls went to bed so excited!  About 4 am Laura, our oldest came crashing into our bedroom excited that Santa had came!  We made her get in bed with us, as though we like to get up early on Christmas, 4am was pushing it.  She fell back asleep with us,and  at 5am I went ahead and got up showered, and started on breakfast.  I cooked a breakfast casserole, sausage balls, and heated up some of the cinnamon rolls.  Rachel woke up crying as she had wet the bed lol, but she quicky perked up when she saw Santa had stopped by, and she ran to wake up everyone else. 

Not long after the girls were all up, my parents came over to see what Santa had brought, and we gave my parents their gifts from us, and then Dave's parents came by to see as well.  Before we got the girls dresses in their Christmas outfits Dave and I did our gifts.  The girls gave me some pants, and a new curling iron, and Dave told me that he had ordered me a pair of Uggs on Friday, but they hadn't come yet, and he was acting all shocked that they hadn't arrived in time (he waited until the last minute and just got me what his best friend got his wife, can you picture my eye balls rolling all around in my head?? , I am sure when they do come they will be pretty, but I have to send them back for the correct size.  Oh well,  as my kids said, maybe if I am a good girl next year Santa will bring me something lol. 





We then spent the rest of the morning and lunch at my parents house. We had a good time with my side of the family, and they spoiled us all silly.  I am excited to use my new Kitchen Aide mixer!  We then headed to Dave's family's house to do Christmas and again got spoiled to death and ate some goodies.  It was a long busy day, but were glad to spend it with family.  My grandparents were not able to make it, as my grandfather was sick and later went to the hospital.  Luckily he is better now and just had a nasty virus.  Unfortunately it seems we caught it from visiting him as Emily has been sick since this morning, and I am just waiting now for everyone else to get it.  Hopefully, we can all rest up and get better in time to welcome in 2012!


Photobucket

No comments: