Friday, December 30, 2011
Oh my goodness. The stomach flu hit our household this week full force. It started with Emily on Tuesday, and one by one we all got it. I couldn't get out of bed for one day, and that isn't like me at all. It zapped all energy out of me. It's been nasty. The husband has it now, and I think we are finally seeing the light to be done with the illness....I have spent today trying to disinfect. Dave got a Shark Steam Clean mop thingy for Christmas (yes he asked for this) and I put it together today and used it. I have done 1,000,000 loads of laundry, inhaled a million fumes that are certain to kill brain cells in order to clean the bathrooms. I am just over it, and ready to escape the freaking house. I have not left since Tuesday, and I am over it. I was supposed to work this week but of course I burnt up a good chunk of vacation hours dealing with this mess. I did put away all the Christmas decor with the exception of our tree, I will probably get around to that this weekend.
I am hoping if everyone is better tomorrow we can try to see a movie with the girls. They also have been invited to a friends house to spend the night tomorrow, and I am crossing my fingers they stay illness free so they can go. The girls deserve to do something fun over Christmas break, and I would love to get out and do something with my husband for a little bit tomorrow if he's feeling better.