Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday Topics


Today in my email in-box I got my local libraries newsletter. I was glancing over some of events they were having, checking out when story times are etc, when I saw this : Nov. 10, Wii Celebrate Vets: In celebration of Veteran's Day, Pearl Bailey Library teens will show their appreciation by teaching local veterans how to play games on the Wii system. I couldn’t help but crack up. I love my Wii system, though truth be told I have not played it in a very long time as my batteries have been dead on the remote and I have been too busy to get around to replacing them. What a way to celebrate Veterans day though huh? In all honesty, I do know that Wii does have benefits for older folks who may not be able to get out to a bowling alley, but can bowl in their home, but the idea of a Vet celebration with it cracks me up. In all honesty I would like to just go and watch these men learn this.

P.S I am halfway through with Tori Spelling’s first book- sTori Telling. It’s been like reading a favorite gossip magazine, I like it even better then her second book that I read last week. I have to admit, I do like Tori now after reading her books, but the mama issues are crazy! What a cold person Tori makes her sound like. If anything the books have made me glad to have such a awesome mom.
Next on my list to check out from the library for myself is a book called The Red Tent. This one is going to be something kind of different for me, and it’s a biblical fiction. A lady I met at my girls gymnastic center was telling me about how her reading group had read it and how good it was. We shall see!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jamie said...

The Red Tent has been on my list for a few years, but I still haven't read it :( I have heard awesome things about it!

wife.mom.nurse said...

That wii thing is so cute and funny :)

I will have to read Tori's book. I want to like her more ;)

Veronica said...

I read the red tent....my copy went straight to the salvation army.