Thursday, November 5, 2009

End of week wrap up...

Today I went to a craft show and it wasn't that exciting... I didn't see anything that I had to have. We did however see Santa... The Salavation Army was there and had set up an area where they would take your photo with him and the fee for photo would go to chartity. Rachel didn't have a problem, and promptly told him she wanted lots of toys. Laura was terrfied, and only did a photo if I held her. Santa looks to be about 90 years old BTW. All these years must be catching up with him!

The time change has me tired. It's getting dark so early, that by 6pm I am ready to go to bed. It's everything I can do to stay awake. Momma needs some Red Bull or something cause the diet coke isn't cutting it....

Emily is getting Baptized Sunday at church. I'm peeved the new pastor wont do a private service as we have done with the others... It's a new pastor, and I see his point as this is her joining the church, etc.... but being a man he doesn't understand that my three kids do not feel like sitting still and quiet during the service, and we have some older relatives attending that have a hard time sitting comfortably in pews. Yeah I don't see this going well. Also, he's coming to our house tonight to meet with us about it, so I am rushing around now trying to put away my creepy halloween decorations before he think's we worship Satan. Ugg I wish he just would have done a private cermony. Totally bitter....

We went last week to see about a new car, as they had sent us this letter saying our trade in was at peak, and the number they gave us was high... HA! When we went in they gave us a crappy trade in offer, below what the letter said, and they gave us this speech about how a different organization handles those letters and their numbers are not realistic... Umm no thanks then. Our car is still in excellent condition with very low miles, so we passed on it. Not any easy choice after we freaking drove the new loaded model which I still have dreams about still. Oh well.

My kids have become obsessed with books. We have read everything in the house, so I got a great idea to head to the local library and check out the kids section. Why didn't I do this sooner?? They have so many books, they are free, and I love how I can bring home a "theme". For example, I got a bunch of halloween books last week. Love it! We have several library branches in our city, so I have just been going to one that is on my route home from work. I also have found a few things for myself to read, and even though I love my Kindle, you can't beat free... I also love how I can go online to reserve books, have them sent to the library branch where I want to pick it up back, and I can even recheck out books if I need to keep them longer by going online. Love it! It doesn't take much to excite me lol. I just completed Tori Spelling's book Mommywood... it was cute. Good lord she has some momma drama though... I am about to read her first book she did sTori Telling.

Our weekend is going to be busy, Laura had a birthday party to go to for a school friend, then the pool we belong to is having a fall festival, and then of course Sunday is the big baptism.

In between that, I am trying to knock out my christmas shopping for the wee ones... wish me luck!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow! This post made me tired, girl! :) I read sTORItelling and loved it. It took me about 3 minutes to finish it b/c she spills her guts and that girl has some trash in her past :) I've been thinking about checking out Mommywood. Let me know what you think about Tori after you read her first book.