Sunday, February 28, 2010

Camera Strap


This morning I enlisted my mom in helping me make a camera strap for my Canon Rebel. I have seen them for about two years for sale in Etsy, and have loved the idea of them. I shyed away from buying one as I loved the girly prints and I figured Dave would probably be embarrassed to use a girly looking camera. However I have been looking at some tutorials on how to make them, and today I took the plunge with my mom guiding me. I followed this tutorial: camera strap how to

I did it at her house, and did it on her machine, which is a million more times more complicated then mine and scared the bejesus out of me. I didn't sew it on my strap like the directions called for though, I just tucked the ends other. I think you need to add more to the width though as though the directions to call to make it snug, the directions just made it waaaay to snug....but I do like my end product. Yes it is super girly, but Dave rarely uses my camera anyways, and hey he's out numbered in our household full of girls!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That is AWESOME! I've always wanted one of those!!!

Cher said...

Looks great! I've been wanting to make one, too.

Fern @ CraftBlog said...

It looks great!