Friday, January 15, 2010

TGIF

So we are 15 days into the New Year, and so far I am still working on my year goals. One of my goals was to work on being a better wife and mom. Not meaning I stink at that, but meaning to just work on my patience and appreciation...cough cough. It must be working as my husband completed cleaning out the garage, and I can get my work car in there again. Things are organized in there, and apparently he's getting some special hooks and things for his birthday from his parents to help get things in order out there. He's turning the big 31 in a week!

Overall organization in the home is coming along. I cleaned out the closet/pantry in the den, which is usually the place that I hide clutter and mess when we have company. I weeded through some things in my closet I have not worn in over a year and donated them, and I am trying to come up with a pattern for cleaning regularly. I received my MomAgenda in the mail that I ordered, and I love it! Best planner in the world... I love how it has room for you to write down the kids activites for the days, room for to do lists, it's just perfect. I was a happy woman when it came in the mail and I got to sit down and started filling it in. Check out the website and order one! I got the mini one so it could fit in my purse.

For my fitness goals I have been steady going to the gym, except while we were out of town. The check in girl at the gym knows me name, so that tells you I am going often. I have found I do better when I got in the morning before work. The gym is never crowded before work, and I have to admit I do feel more energized, and well... it get's the workout out of the way for the day. I wasn't even working today and I got up early so I could go to the gym before Dave left for work. That's commitment. Now my eatting habbits still need a lot of work. I have not really committed to dieting yet, but I am attempting to make better choices. I loaded up on some fruits at Costco yesterday, and I am trying to drink more water vs diet coke.

Another thing that has helped me during my workouts is my Itouch. I know this is dumb, but I never really listend to music before while working out unless I was attempting a jog around the neighborhood. In the past in the gym I would just listen to the TV, or just people watch. Don't ask me why I never tried music before at the gym, but I finally dragged in the Itouch and cranked my music and wow, it helps me go faster with my cardio, and it helps block out most distractions.

My play list right now for cardio is the following: (warning, I love all music for the most part, so my ipod is pretty embarrassing sometimes, so stiffle any laughter)

1. Gimme More- Britney Spears
2. Rich Girl- Down with Webster
3.Touch of Grey- Grateful Dead
4. Tik Tok- Ke$ha
5. Bad Romance- Lady Gaga
6. Phenomenon
7. Can You Feel It- Michael Jackson
8. It's Tricky- RUN DMC
9. American Girl- Tom Petty
10. Sharp Dressed Man- ZZ Top

No comments: