Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hate to see how I act about college...

I know I said my next blog would have pictures but get over it. Currently I am super stressing over preschool for next year. It’s time to do early registration for the following school year, and I was just getting used to the idea that Emily would just barely meet the cut off and could go to school with her sisters. I accepted that she would be ok because it was just one day a week and just for a short period of time. I got myself all psyched up about it, and then wham…Guess what…. The school is doing away with the two year one day a week program…. They are going to just do two days a week or three. I also have to hurry up and register NOW as they will open the rest of the spaces up to newcomers in a few weeks, and they expect the 2 year old classes to fill up fast. This changes everything….

Ummm Emily is just 15 months old. She’s still a baby, and I am not sure how I feel about 2 days a week, and you can forget about 3 days a week. Nope. No sir. Not happening. Call me over protective, I don’t care, it’s just not happening. She will just be freaking turning 2. That’s just crazy. Another problem is with the 2’s it’s a co-op program meaning a parent takes turns in the classroom so about 2-3 times a year now I help out in Rachel’s class currently. Meaning next year it would double, and I would have to change my work schedule around and be off on those days when it was my turn. Everyone knows I do not adapt to change well, so this is most upsetting.

So what do I do? Do I just suck it up and just send her. Or do I just wait and send her the next year… I honestly was thinking about putting Laura in 5 days a week, and have Rachel go 2 or 3 days a week, but this whole change thing has me flustered regarding the monthly costs because of course the prices are jacked up now that I am going to have to probably do Laura three days, Rachel 2, and Emily 2. Oh, and you know this momma is also trying to match this all up with my preferred teachers, so I am all stressed with how I am going to make that work.

Also, I can’t just let her test the waters and then yank her out, because they wont refund my money, which is loony, but hey, they want their money. God help the ladies in the office when I am done asking my million and one questions.

**EDIT** After beating myself up about this for a few days I have decieded not to enroll her for next year...I am going to hold off, and later if I feel she is ready and they have room I may put her in. But for now, no school next year for Em.


Jenny said...

I agree with you-I can't imagine your baby in there 2x or MORE a week! Yikes! I registered J for 5 days per week next year with the intention of keeping him home every now and then. Plus, there are so many Monday holidays that I figure at least half the year he'll only be a 4 day kid. C will go 2x a's so hard making these school decisions. There's just so much pressure for this and that in preparing them for "real" school. And, like you mentioned-it's crazy $$$!!!!

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

I'm glad to see your decision - that was going to be my advice. :) She's only going to be 2 and with paying for the other 2, is it really worth it?