Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happenings....


*I got the flu shot today at my work, will be getting the H1N1 too as soon as it comes in. As for my kids I usually do the regular flu shots for them, but I am still on the fence with the H1N1. The H1N1 has already hit my children’s preschool, but so far knock on wood, they have been fine. One day I say I am going to get it for them, and then the next day I read about someone having crazy complications from it, and it scares me off.

*So excited that Halloween is almost here! My kids have Halloween parties at their school this week, and Halloween costume parades. Tomorrow I am taking off to attend Laura’s school party, and see her parade in her super cute lady bug costume. Friday we do the same with Rachel. The girls are going to be so cute dressed up in their frilly costumes! I am already itching to take pictures!

*I am toying around with the idea of a new car. I am on the fence with this decision as well, as my car payment is super low, it’s almost paid off, and it’s the only car payment we have going on the three cars we own. It’s still is good condition being a 2006. There is a really good deal going and we could get a awesome trade in… but of course our payment would go up, and then we would have a payment going for a while instead of just a few more months... However, the car we have found we are obsessed with… it’s the same kind we have now, but new and has all the bells and whistles…Seriously, it’s the nicest thing I have ever sat in…I love it. But is it worth it? These decisions are so hard when you have three kids. You just never know what unplanned expense is going to come up. But on the other hand, it we would have a nice warranty, and not have to worry about car repairs, and if we wait, down the road our payment would be a lot more since our trade in would not be as good… I’m not going to lie, I want this car super bad, but it wont kill me if we decide to hold off. I still have a super nice car that has plenty of room for my family, and for that we are blessed. I just wish I had a crystal ball to see if it’s the best decision. Mean while at least this has inspired my husband to clean up the car really nice to get top trade in…

Photobucket

1 comment:

jaime said...

I'm on the fence about H1N1 for Aidan as well (well, mostly on the "he's not getting it" side). He's already had the regular flu shot, but I'm just not feeling it about a shot that had such a quick turn around.