Friday, October 23, 2009

The end of a busy week....

Today I was channeling the tired mom from the Suave commericals...the one that is a complete mess. Rachel had preschool this morning, so I took advantage of doing some cleaning in the house, and a lot of it was gritty stuff so I made sure to wear old clothes, and I skipped the shower this morning. I got a lot done, and then took some time to eat a doughnut... When I went to pick up Rachel from school I soon found myself completely embarrassed to wait in the hall, as the "elite moms" were there looking all perfect in their top of the line clothes, and decked out in David Yurman. Totally would kill for one of those bracelets.... Don't get me wrong, their nice as can be, but seriously, most of them are stay at home moms, what's with dressing up so much? Here I am coming down the hall in jeans I have had since my junior year of college, a t-shirt, and some old flip flops and my toes are seriously lacking a pedicure... Not to mention my greasy hair from lack of shower, and I skipped the makeup.... nice....

Oh and to top it off, when I got home I noticed I had some leftover doughnut crumbs on my face... naptime mission today is to get my butt in the shower.

2 comments:

KK said...

I don't get the moms who dress to the nines every single solitary day either. I mean I wish I could but I would just end up ruining my ensemble in the first half an hour of my day so really what is the point?

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

Like you, I work several days a week and my days off, I USUALLY look semi-gross. :) All that aside, you need to be PROUD of yourself that you can wear your jeans from college after having 3 babies in less than 3 years. For that, you could never shower again and be ok in my book!