Tuesday, July 7, 2009

For now she's a free agent....

I signed up Laura for gymnastics....I attempted to get Rachel in too, but as I didn't sign up early enough there wasn't any opening for her age group. Major bummer for her, but fall will be here soon....

Today was the first day of class. The gymnastics center is really nice. I don't have much to compare it to, but it looked pretty impressive... There are 6 people in her class, and one of the kids was in her swim lesson class just a few weeks ago, so it was nice for Laura to see a familiar face. I came armed with my camera, but they don't let the parents watch from inside the gym, they make you go out in the lobby where you can watch from a two way mirror, or go upstairs to a similar parent lobby...Weird. I guess it helps the kids from being nervous when they are older, and when they are young it probably helps keep their focus on their teacher, rather then wanting to see what mom and dad are doing... Still, I had a hard time with this, and I spent the hour pressed up to the glass trying to take pictures, which came out horrible and all blurry. Apparently, the last day of class they let the parents come in and take all the picures you want, so I guess I have to wait 8 more weeks...

It was really neat though watching. Looked like a ton of fun... I would actually love to get in there and play on some of that stuff...Laura did great and didn't shy away from anything, and had a big grin plastered on her face the whole time, so I know she loved it!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Gosh Robyn, as a Mom it would be so hard to not get pictures of a milestone such as a first class! I would have been crushed too! Hopefully, 8 more lessons will fly by, and we'll all get to see the results!!:)