Wednesday, November 23, 2011

50% off Cookbooks!!!





Are you still trying to figure out what to get your loved one's for Christmas?  If they like to cook, and enjoy cookbooks, consider purchasing one from The Cookbook Market Place.  They have an amazing selection of cookbooks published for various junior leagues, and other community organizations.  Also, readers of my blog will save  50% off the price, when you use the code NAP-HOLIDAY.

I plan on buying the cook book Virginia Hospitality for my boss, (this is a classic cookbook from my local JL, that I pretty much grew up on), and giving her a list of my favorite recipes from the book.  I have been using this book ALOT in our household, from pancakes, to appetizers, to main courses, and desserts!  In fact I am making a cheese ball to bring to Thanksgiving at my in-laws that can be found in this book.
         Islander Cheese Ball
16 ounces cream cheese softend
8 ounces crushed pineapple drained
2 tablespoons green onions, including the tops chopped
1/4 cup green pepper chopped
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
2 cups pecans chopped

Mix cheese and pineapple with a mixer, stir in the onion, green pepper, salt, and 1/2 cup pecans.  Roll into one large ball, then roll in remaining pecans.  Serve with crackers, or pretzels.

*I made this for a birthday party a few weeks ago, and it was scarfed down!




Photobucket

No comments: