Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekly Menu recap


So it's Sunday, I did ok with sticking to the menu.  Didn't follow it exactly, but I did my best so this is how the weekly menu went
Monday- Chicken Enchiladas.  This is always a family favorite, we enjoyed this, and I had enough leftovers to enjoy it at work for lunch two days this week.

Tuesday- Sweet Apple Meat Loaf-This is a recipe from My Mama Made that- Junior League cookbook. It was awesome! The kids scarfed it down, and my husband made sandwiches out of the leftovers.  Will totally make again.

Wednesday- Spaghetti- I had to volunteer this night, so Dave made this for the kids and himself. 

Thursday- Chickfila Kids night- I had volunteer stuff going on again, so Dave and the kids went out on the town and had a yummy dinner at Chickfila.  I was sad to miss out, BUT they got me a spicy chicken sandwich and brought it to me =)  When I got home I whipped up a batch of pumpkin spice muffins with a cream cheese center for everyone to enjoy the next morning.  They were a-freaking-mazing.... oh my goodness.  I got the receipe and how to from this blog :Pumpkin Spice Muffins  I will totally make these again for us to enjoy. 

Friday- I was supposed to do a London Broil, but I didn't have time to do the marinade in the morning, so this didn't happen.... I ended up baking some boneless pork chops.  It may sound weird but I just put them in a dish, take a tablespoon or 2 of apple butter with a shake of cinnamon on each one and bake them for 30-45 minutes.  It smells and tastes really good!

Saturday and Sunday- the pork shoulder the husband was going to smoke is still sitting in our freezer lol. But hear me out.  Our weekends are just crazy, so the prep work for smoking wasn't happening.  BUT I did the london broil in the marinade that we were supposed to have friday.  The marinade  smelled really good, but I didn't taste it at all once it was cooked... Honestly I don't think it had long enough to soak in it.  It probably was just in it for 5 hours.  I like to do it for 12 or more.  We ate it though.  To make something sweet for the kids, without feeling like being all creative and making a mess, I took refrigerated crescent rolls, unrolled the triangles, put a few chocolate chips in it, and rolled them back up and topped them with sugar.  This was actually a big hit with my family.  So easy to do.

Sunday- We are heading out to see a concert tonight in Virginia Beach and we have plans to go to Plaza Azteca for some yummy Mexican and margaritas.  Looking forward to this =)  I did make a batch of pumpkin, chocolate chip bars from this blog:  pumpkin choc chip bars
Photobucket

No comments: