Sunday, August 26, 2012

First day of school and weekend recap...




Well Laura and Rachel started school again Friday!  They were good sports and let me torture them with a photo shoot in the morning before we left.  I thought the pictures turned out cute, and I figure it's only a matter of time before they refuse to pose for me anymore....

I think they will both have great years.  Rachel has Laura's teacher from last year, I can't sing her praises enough.  I know she is in good hands.  Rachel was a little nervous, but there are about 4-5 kids from her preschool from last year at this new school, so seeing some familiar faces helped to make her feel at home.

This weekend was pretty much a wash out.  It rained, and rained, and then rained some more.  Our area had a crazy amount of flooding. So much that because Rachel's classroom is in the basement, they had flooding so she doesn't have school Monday.  She's not too happy about that!

I did venture out in this monsoon and had my hair done Saturday, and we went to a friends house from the swim team that evening for a fun cookout until almost midnight.  It was a blast, but left us pretty work out Sunday morning.

We ended up in Hampton for a raft building contest which we watched them race, and grabbed a quick lunch.  I ended up at the gym in the evening and put myself through a crazy workout.  I don't know if I will even be content with myself or relax.  When I take a break from the gym for a few days or let myself eat something bad, I can't relax and enjoy it.  I am constantly stressed that I am gaining weight or worried that I will.  I tend to fluctuate between 127 - 131, which is awesome I know, and I don't want to lose anymore, but I still have a hard time just being happy and content with it because I am too worried I will wake up and nothing will fit.  I am hoping that if I make more time for the gym, ( this summer I have been going about 3 days a week rather then the 5 I used to), that I will relax a little and be easier on myself.

Photobucket

No comments: