Monday, August 13, 2012

Daddy Tuck BBQ Sauce


Last year sometime but girlfriend had my family over for ribs.  She makes her own bbq sauce for them, and the sauce was freaking amazing.  Myself, and entire family pretty much licked the plate clean for any remaining sauce.  She kept calling it Daddy Tuck sauce.  I went home and googled it, in hopes of finding it, had zero luck.... I then forgot all about it, until another time we went over and she had some for another meal we had, and in front of her inlaws told her I attempted to find it online.  Her whole family laughed at me, and informed me it was a family recipe from a grandfather they all called Daddy Tuck.  I got it though, and it's become a household staple for pulled pork, ribs, and basically anything you would use BBQ sauce for.

This amount will fill a used ketchup bottle as pictured above:
In a pot on the stove throw in:
1 stick of butter
2/3 apple cider vinegar
6 tbs house sauce
1/2 cup Worsheshire Sauce
2 cups of ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp liquid smoke

stir and allow butter to melt on medium heat, then cook on low for about 5 min after butter fully melts.  Bottle it up and enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments: