Friday, December 24, 2010

The Night Before Christmas....





Well it's Christmas Eve! I can't believe it is here again! Yesterday we had a party for some family. I made a lot of different items this time, all coming from my junior league cookbooks, and from my patients at work. My meat balls were actually a renal friendly receipe lol, perfectly safe in case any of my guests were in renal failure. I think it all turned out well. I forgot to take pictures, but I did manage to take a picture of my dad and Emily before everyone else arrived... Poor Emily refused to take a nap earlier, and she ended up passing out while I was holding her, so I laid her down on the couch... She woke up for a minute just to collapse on the floor with a blanket and sleep again.

This morning I ran to the bank and grocery store for some last minute errands, and then I came back and we made some reindeer food. The kids loved doing this, and it was really easy. I just let them mix some oatmeal and glitter in a bowl, stir it up, and then place in 3 zip lock bags. This evening they will sprinkle it on the grass so the reindeer can have a treat, and the glitter will help guide them to our house when they see it shining...

This evening we dont' have any major plans. We will probably go look at some Christmas lights, let the kiddos open their pj's, and hope that they all pass out early. I hope so anyways, I am starting to get sick, so my energy level is pretty much gone now!



Photobucket

No comments: