Sunday, December 5, 2010

At this point it's safe to say I have gained 20 lbs...






I have two Christmas parties to go to Sunday, so I spent a little bit of time making a few goodies to take. I made another Pumpkin Log, and then I decieded to make spiced oyster crackers. A patient where I used to work made these for the staff a few years ago, and they were sooo addictive. I found a receipe, sent my husband to the store to get a few things, and then whipped out a few batches. The kids have gone bonkers over them, so hopefully I still have enough to take with me. I think I might try to be all super sweet suzy homemaker and give some out to neighbors closer to christmas...



Here's what you have to do:



3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (12 ounce) package oyster crackers
Directions
Preheat oven to 275 degrees
In a mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, ranch-style dressing mix, dill weed, lemon pepper and garlic powder. Pour this spice mixture over the crackers in a medium bowl, and stir until the crackers are coated. Arrange the crackers on a large baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated 275 degrees oven for 15 to 20 minutes.



I also tried my hand with making Peppermint Bark. It's really easy... I just lined a baking sheet with tin foil, melted about a cup of chocolate chips, spred that on to out 1/4 thickness, then I melted some white candy coating chocolate stuff (real big technical name haha) and poured that on top once the other chocolate hardened, and then I had crushed up candycanes (about 5) sprinkled on top. Let sit in the fridge for about 30 min or so, and then break up. Super easy.





Photobucket

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm totally making that peppermint bark today... You rock!

AverettLadyNana said...

And both are SO YUMMY!!!!