Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Traditions in our house....

I saw this on a blog I follow, and I thought I would play along!

1. Does your family send Christmas cards? Oh yes! I love sending them, and I love getting them in the mail! This year I made ours with Shutterfly as I got them free for being a blogger. Can't beat that...

2. How soon do you start shopping? I start crazy early... like not long after Christmas... but even though I start early, I still wait near the end for the kids to make up their minds, and for the hubby.


3. Who do you shop for? Family, and a few close friends.


4. Do you put up a Christmas tree? Um yes. I would have 50 if I could find places to put them all.


5. If so, is it fake or real? I have always had a real tree my entire life. Of course we do have a fake tree in the play room (it's pink) but our main tree is real. I did almost convert over after freaking out last year when our tree fell over, but I am glad I didn't make the switch... there's just nothing like a real tree.


6. Do you like tinsel? Not a fan.


7. Do you use homemade or store bought ornaments? Mostly store bought, though I LOVE the ornaments my kiddos have made.


8. Do you put Christmas lights outside your house? No, we did one year, but the husband hasn't done it again.


9. Do you put lights on the tree? What kind of question is this? Of course! White lights.


10. How about popcorn and cranberries? On the tree? We don't do either.


11. Is there a wreath hanging on your door? Yes!


12. Do you celebrate it? The wreath? No, but I am obsessed with it, cause I made it.


13. Do you hang up your stocking? Yes. I didn't as a child, they were always laid out where Santa left our items, but I like the idea of them hanging from the mantle.


14. Does your family read "Twas the night before Christmas?" We do.


15. Favorite Christmas Movie. - This hard... honestly my favorite is a oldie from the 80's with Dudley Moore in it... I think it's called Christmas the Movie. Dudley plays an elf. I found it on Blue Ray from Costco. I love it because it brings back a lot of childhood memories for me.


16. Fave character from any Christmas Movie. Oh goodness...I have to go with Buddy from Elf I guess...


17. Favorite Christmas Song. O Holy Night, and the Mariah Carey Song.


18. Favorite Christmas Memory. The excitement on Christmas Eve night as wee one. Every year when I was little we would always go to my grandparents house, and have a big party, and open gifts from them and with my uncle and cousins. Then we would go back home that night. Often times my sisters (they were a lot older then me and didn't live at home anymore) and my granny would come spend the night in our house. Those nights were always fun because they were around, and spending the night. My sisters would make me close my eyes and they would lead me into the living room to see what Santa brought the next morning.


19. Give or Receive? Give! I love seeing the look on my children's faces (ok so it's Santa), but it's the best!


20. Eggnog or Cider? Cider. I hate Eggnog.


21. Red or Green? Red.


22. Ham or Turkey? Ham!


23. Star or Angel? Angel, but I am doing picks in the top of my tree this year.


24. White Lights or Colored Lights? White.


25. Blinking Lights or Still Lights. STILL! No twinkles for me.


26. Were you Naughty or Nice this year? I'm a work in progress.


27. What do you want for Christmas this year? skinny thighs.


28. When do you open your gifts? Christmas Day.


29. What's the best gift you've ever gotten? It's too hard to pick. I have to admit, I have been extreamly spoiled. I have the best family, their the best gift.


30. What's the worst gift you've ever gotten? A Precious Moments Soccer figurine when I was 19 I think... I hate precious moments figurines and soccer.


31. Who gives you the most gifts? My parents.


32. Have you ever had a secret Santa? No


33. Do you like wrapping gifts? Sure.


34. Do you put change in those red buckets? No I don't. We do the angel tree though, and each year the kids classes sponser a family. Between that and my own three kids and family I'm broke as a joke at Christmas.


35. Do you burn a yule log? Negative.


36. Can you name all the reindeer? Sure!


37. Do you bake cookies? Yes


38. Have you ever seen your mommy kissing Santa Clause? Sure


39. Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe? Yep.


40. Do you go caroling? When I was little I did.


41. Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights? Yes! Multiple nights.


42. Have you ever left Santa cookies? Of course, and some treats for the reindeer!


43. Have you ever sat on Santa's lap? Of course


44. Who do you celebrate Christmas with? Our immediate families


45. Where do you celebrate Christmas? It's a busy day. In the morning Dave and I exchange, then the kiddos see what Santa brought. My parents usually come over to see what Santa brought, and I give them their gifts then. Later we go to their house, and then head to my inlaws to continue.


46. Have you ever had a white Christmas? Nope. A ice covered one though in 98 without power.


47. What part of Christmas do you look most forward to? Spending time with family.


48. Have you ever had your picture taken with Santa? Yes


49. Does your family always take a picture at Christmas? We try.


50. What are you most thankful for this year? Honestly, I am thankful that all of my sick family members have made it another year. 2010 was a tough year for many people in my family healthwise.

No comments: