Monday, February 11, 2013
I am the worst blogger ever I know, but I still refuse to throw in the towel just yet.
So what's been happening since my last post?
1. My last grandmother died. She was 95, and last year suffered a major stroke and had been living in a nursing home in bad shape. It was a blessing that she didn't have to suffer anymore, but heart wrenching to see my grandfather grieve for her. They were married 73 years. She was the very definition of a grandmother, and will be missed greatly.
2. I survived returning to swim class. Rachel apologized and apologized, and wrote the girl a letter, etc etc. The mom apologized for losing it, and all is well.
3. Laura turned 7. Can you believe it!? Where do the years go?!
4. The winter blues are getting to me, and I have to force myself to get off the couch and into the gym. I need warmer weather.
5. I went to a board meeting at our pool to learn more about the pool happenings etc and next thing I know I become a board member, and I am in charge of hiring kids that run the concession stand and man the gate.
6. Swim booster meetings start up this month and I guess I will learn how involved that is. Yes I am committing myself probably beyond my time, but it's for my kids, and our local pool which I have always loved. Remind me of this when I am stressed out.