Saturday, January 26, 2013

Brain dump post....

1. Dave turned 34 =)  I baked him an insane chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting by Paula Dean so you know it was out of control good and bad for you.
2. Sampson died.  He was a boxer that Dave and I bought out Senior year of college up at Ferrum.  He was a sweet dog, and lived out his later years with my parents, as they fed him better, and we were so caught up with the kids, he sorta just would up there.  Don't get me wrong a lot of it probably had to do with him getting upset being left alone a lot during the day, so he would destroy something of mine, and then I would go after him to punish him.  He had a good like, after being told twice before he was one years old he wouldn't make it.   When we first got him and took him to the vet he was very sick, and were told he would die.  He made it.  Then we were told he needed knee surgery which was insanely expensive, and our option was to do it or put him down.  He got the surgery.  Seems fitting after a rough beginning he went out peacefully in his sleep.
3. We got snow. Enough for the kiddos to enjoy some sledding and fun with friends.
4.  The girls are signed up for c- league and tball!  Rachel went back and forth between tball or soccer, and then as Dave went to sign up her sisters she changed her mind and said she wanted to do tball.  Makes it easier for us so that's fine!  They are doing 10 more weeks of swimming, and I wont be signing them up for the last session, as that will be in the middle of ball season, and they deserve a break before summer swimming starts up.
5. I have read 7 books this month which I know is just insane.  Just a lot of time inside in this cold weather, and reading at lunch breaks, or car pool lines.  I recently finished Defending Jacob, which was such a page turner, and The Fault in our Stars which was a heart tugger.
6. I need to get busy with birthday planning for the girls.  I don't have much to do for their friend party, but I need to get those invites out, and plan their individual family parties, which will probably be simply cake and ice cream.
7. Work is busy.
8. I found a little more time to work out in January which pretty much meant I have had to drag my butt out of bed early and get to the gym.  It's hard, but when I go I never regret it.
9. I have had a nasty cold these last few days, and I have been glad we got snow so I could stay inside in my pjs and just rest.
10. Emily had her first sleepover at a friends house with out her older sisters coming along, and she was so stinking excited!  She's growing up fast!

Photobucket

No comments: